Slowdown is currently hiring for the following positions: a full time Operations Manager and part time General Staff. See below for job descriptions and the application process.
Slowdown – General Staff
The following general staff positions are available now:
Bartender – Serving drinks in a high volume, fast paced environment. Previous experience is required.
Door – Getting customers into the venue! This could involve checking IDs, tickets, and some cash handling. No previous experience required, but a plus.
Floor – General customer service needs, from answering questions to cleaning up that spill in the corner. These are typically teams of 2-8 people depending on the night. No previous experience required.
Shifts are typically at night, ending between 12am and 2am depending on the event. Starting pay is $12 hourly + tips for Door and Floor, and $6 hourly + tips for Bartender.
For bartending, door, and floor positions, interested candidates should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by during business hours to fill out an application:
729 North 14th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Slowdown – Assistant Operations Manager
Slowdown is seeking a full time Assistant Operations Manager. The core focus of this role is to oversee the venue during the hours of operation and collaborate with other management to successfully run the business. Applicant should have the following assets:
• Strong leadership skills
• Self-Starter with a proven work ethic
• Motivated and will take initiative
• Ethical and honest
• Ability to work varying hours, typically at night
Operations Manager Role:
• Hire, train and manage all venue staff during events.
• Nightly cash handling and settlements.
• Serve as a daily liaison and provide hospitality for performing artists and crews.
• Understand and execute band/artist contracts, create show settlements, work with band/artist directly or tour managers to settle shows each night.
• Oversee and manage bar inventory, tracking, and POS systems.
• Oversee the planning process for private events and seek out new opportunities in this area.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Work with other management to oversee and supervise all staff members.
• Communicate staff job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
• Prepare daily work schedules and delegate specific work duties.
• Expand, maintain, and disseminate the Company’s service philosophy to lead staff toward optimal working outcomes for guest satisfaction and high staff morale.
• Resolve general work complaints and escalate to higher management when appropriate.
• Serve as liaison among the owners and other management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Tertiary education with emphasis in hospitality industry or business administration preferred.
• Experience in management/administration within the hospitality industry/high volume venue and bar may be substituted for education.
• 3+ years experience in the entertainment industry or hospitality industry or high volume organization to include operations, food and/or beverage services, inventory control, special events/banquets.
• Experience in management and administration.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid drivers’ license and working vehicle.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of POS and back office reporting systems.
Work Environment and Schedule:
• Office, music venue, bar.
• Environment has varying levels of crowd size and noise.
• Small to Medium office environment with shared desk space.
• This role requires continuous standing/walking, speaking in front of large groups, standing for long periods of time in a dimly light, loud, fog-filled multi-level venue.
• Shifts are mostly nights, including weekends and some holidays.
Pay and Benefits:
• Full time salaried position with an annual base pay range of $35,000 to $40,000.
• Benefits include paid time off and co-pay on health insurance (dental and optical also available).
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.