Slowdown is currently hiring for the following positions: a full time Operations Manager and part time General Staff. See below for job descriptions and the application process.
Slowdown – General Staff
For bartending, door, and floor positions, interested candidates should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by during business hours to fill out an application:
729 North 14th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Slowdown – Operations Manager
Slowdown is a live music and event space, opened in 2007 in the North Downtown area of Omaha. The venue is a 12,000 square foot hall and bar environment that offers live music, private/corporate parties, weddings, and an annual College World Series extravaganza which includes an outdoor beer garden, stage, and food vendors. We are seeking a full time Operations Manager. The core focus of this role is to successfully oversee the venue during the hours of operation. Applicant should have the following assets:
• Strong leadership skills
• Self-Starter with a proven work ethic
• Motivated and will take initiative
• Ethical and honest
• Ability to work varying hours, typically at night
Operations Manager Role:
• Hire, train and manage all venue staff during events.
• Nightly cash handling and settlements.
• Serve as a daily liaison and provide hospitality for performing artists and crews.
• Understand and execute band/artist contracts, create show settlements, work with band/artist directly or tour managers to settle shows each night.
• Oversee the planning process for private events and seek out new opportunities in this area.
Essential functions of position include but are not limited to:
• Work with other management to oversee and supervise all staff members.
• Communicate staff job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
• Prepare daily work schedules and delegate specific work duties.
• Expand, maintain, and disseminate the Company’s service philosophy to lead staff toward optimal working outcomes for guest satisfaction and high staff morale.
• Resolve general work complaints and escalate to higher management when appropriate.
• Serve as liaison among the owners and other management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Tertiary education with emphasis in hospitality industry or business administration preferred.
• Experience in management/administration within the hospitality industry/high volume venue and bar may be substituted for education.
• 3+ years experience in the entertainment industry or hospitality industry or high volume organization to include operations, food and/or beverage services, inventory control, special events/banquets.
• Experience in management and administration.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid drivers’ license and working vehicle.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of POS and back office reporting systems.
Work Environment and Schedule:
• Office, music venue, bar.
• Environment has varying levels of crowd size and noise.
• Small to Medium office environment with shared desk space.
• This role requires continuous standing/walking, speaking in front of large groups, standing for long periods of time in a dimly light, loud, fog-filled multi-level venue.
• Shifts are mostly nights, including weekends and some holidays.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.